Israeli soldiers shot, Tuesday, two Palestinians near Za‘tara military roadblock, south of occupied Nablus, after they reportedly attempted to stab them. On Wednesday and Thursday, 16-year-olds were shot near Nablus and Hebron, one of them as Israeli soldiers “ambushed youths.”
Israeli forces killed Ahmad Ismail Jarrar, 31, during a raid Thursday on the occupied Jenin refugee camp as a reprisal for a settler’s killing last week. But Palestinian sources said the man’s cousin, Ahmad Nasser Jarrar, escaped the attack; and he had been accused of killing the settler.
Ma’an News reports the Israeli army declared the central occupied West Bank village of Nabi Saleh — home to imprisoned teenage activist Ahed al-Tamimi — a closed military zone on Saturday, closing off all entrances and exits.
The Palestinian Health Ministry says a three-year-old child was shot in the head during an Israeli live-fire military training exercise near Tubas, in the northeastern West Bank. The child is currently in stable condition in an Intensive Care Unit. The Israeli military frequently conducts training in Palestinian communities throughout the West Bank.
“Karim Younis, the longest-serving Palestinian prisoner in Israeli custody, marked his 36th year in Israeli prison on Saturday,” reports Ma’an News Agency, “While Younis was among some 20 imprisoned Palestinian citizens of Israel who were expected to be released as part of the Oslo peace accords in the 1990s, Israeli authorities have yet to release them.”
Israeli forces killed 17-year-old Mus‘ab Firas al-Tamimi from the West Bank village of Deir Nitham near Ramallah. “He died shortly after the occupation forces fired a bullet into his neck,” a spokesman for the Palestinian health ministry told Al Jazeera. Mus‘ab was a member of the Tamimi family, who live in the adjacent village of Nabi Saleh.
The Palestinian prisoner’s network Samidoun reports the Tamimi women have been charged in Israeli military court: “Palestinian teen and youth activist Ahed Tamimi, 16, whose arrest and detention by the Israeli occupation military has drawn worldwide attention, was charged in an Israeli military court with multiple allegations on Monday, 1 January. Her mother, Nariman, was also charged with several allegations related to the Tamimi family’s anti-occupation organizing and expression; the detention of both Ahed and her mother was extended for an additional eight days, until next Monday, when the military court will convene again.”
When Fawzi Mohammad al-Juneidi, 16, was arrested and assaulted by 23 Israeli soldiers on December 7th a photo of the incident went viral around the world. Yesterday al-Juneidi was released on 10,000 shekel bail and rushed to the hospital for specialized treatment for a fracture in his shoulder. The teen says during his incarceration he was kept in a dark room where he was beaten. “I felt I was going to fall unconscious as a result of torture,” al-Juneidi was quoted as saying.
Israeli forces detained 28 Palestinians overnight Tuesday from occupied territories, including a 15-year-old. That brings the total number of Palestinians detained by Israeli forces since the beginning of the protests that followed US President Donald Trump’s’ recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital to 490, including 148 minors and 11 women.
The Israeli military said Sunday it has opened an investigation into the fatal shooting of Ibrahim Abu Thraya, a paraplegic Palestinian man who was shot in the head during a demonstration along Gaza’s border with Israel. Abu Thraya is being hailed as a hero and his death has emerged as a rallying cry among Palestinians against Trump’s dramatic declaration, which they largely saw as siding with Israel. “We were telling him not to go (to the border), but he would not listen to us. He said ‘this is Jerusalem; if I don’t go to defend it, who will?’” said Raed al-Komi, Abu Thraya’s half-brother