- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 7
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 34
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 71
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 5
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 21
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 11
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS 9
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of … 9
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Opponents of UCLA divestment ignore strong South African support for … 0
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 108
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 85
- Thought experiment. Dateline Ukraine 82
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 03/07/2014 - http://t.co/PYrDx7sDJc, 3 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: SEIU organizer has swallowed the hasbara, claims Israel treats immigrants fairly https://t.co/1Yz6bSjYVo, 12 hours ago
- RT @EliClifton: 'D.C. elite say pro-Israel lobby losing influence, likened to NRA' http://t.co/Ekawm3GoKs, 12 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: State Dept to 'check out' vicious attack on Palestinian athletes http://t.co/QRDaEZUNFu via @Mondoweiss, 16 hours ago
- 'Apartheid on the Hill': @TuftsSJP transforms Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/nrVwEehYXj, 17 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (71)
- ‘NYT’ provides frank descriptions of lobby’s power in review of Truman book (20)
- Woody Tanaka: I don’t agree that you say that about all. Certainly there were some, but I believe that many of...
- Citizen: Further, if memory serves, Max B said himself that no non-Jewish person could have written Goliath because...
- Citizen: @ Woody I agree. Those “same men” championed equal civil rights in USA for the same main reason...
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation (7)
- Susie Kneedler: NOW, LIVE: C-SPAN3 is showing and streaming LIVE the “National Summit to Reassess the...
- Anti-Defamation League exploits fear of Muslims to undermine anti-gay bill (18)
- traintosiberia: Fatwa is overrated . Any Muslim can utter a Fatwa with or without any basis of any religious or...
- New Israeli legislation favoring Christians seeks to divide Palestinian community (35)
Author Archives: David Sheen
Israel’s efforts to deport African refugees continues apace, and the only way to force the Israeli government to halt the process is garnering international support for their cause. Israeli journalist David Sheen is going on tour to educate and drum up global support for Africans in Israel.
Once and Future Bride of the Sea: A historian discusses the history of Jaffa from the Nakba until today
Tel Aviv – Jaffa City Councillor Sami Abou Shehadeh discusses the history of Jaffa, pre- and post-Nakba.
Public comments made by Israeli parliamentarians in the last 24 hours alone perfectly encapsulate the frightening lows that the country’s leaders have sunk to.
Tel Aviv continues to witness low-level anti-African attacks on a regular basis. David Sheen shares an account from Friday where two Jewish men attacked a group of friends out for the night because one person in the group was African. Incidents like this are so commonplace they rarely merit any mention in the media, but by North American standards, any one of these stories would be considered scandalous. Above, an African refugee watches an anti-refugee demonstration held by right-wing activists in south Tel Aviv on December 31, 2012.
Birthright is venturing into new territory, launching skateboarding and hip hop-themed trips to Israel. What does this say about the values of the organized Jewish community and the way that it interprets the State of Israel?
A leader of the movement to expel all non-Jewish African asylum-seekers from Israel reveals the real reason for much of the racism: opposition to inter-racial relationships.
Are the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations anti-Jewish? That is what the Emergency Committee for Israel is claiming in a new video (below). The video features clips of Democratic politicians expressing sympathy for the OWS protesters, followed by clips of some … Continue reading
The fact that Palestinians are subjected to a siege in Gaza, an occupation in the West Bank, and systemic discrimination in Israel is rarely disputed. Those who oppose prejudice point to it as a source of embarrassment that must end … Continue reading
From Tahrir to Tel Aviv there are only two sides of the barricades – the side of freedom and the side of control
The week that followed January 25, 2011, Day One of the Egyptian Intifada, saw two organized demonstrations in front of the Egyptian Embassy in Tel Aviv. Both protests included people of various ethnic identities, but were primarily made up of … Continue reading