Katie Miranda
About Katie Miranda

Katie Miranda is an illustrator, jewelry designer, calligrapher, and cartoonist living in Portland, OR. Her Arabic calligraphy jewelry and apparel are favorites of people in the Palestine solidarity community. Katie runs Palbox: a quarterly subscription box containing Palestinian goods benefiting the Northern California branch of the International Solidarity Movement. Connect on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

1. just
    just on June 16, 2014, 9:21 am

Katie~ smart and gifted!

I love the visible spew and the bib! Your capture of his eternal high volume droning is priceless.

2. annie
    annie on June 16, 2014, 9:51 am

i love this. reminds me of something i just posted in another thread.

Many of the arrests are … aimed at applying pressure on Hamas, … .. Israeli ministers were due to convene on Monday afternoon to consider further measures against Hamas, including the deportation of members to the Gaza Strip, the destruction of activists’ homes and cutting off funding of affiliated charities and organizations.

they continued an aggressive campaign across the West Bank, arresting a total of 150 people, most of them leaders of the militant Islamic movement Hamas.

Among those detained in the latest sweep was the Hamas-affiliated speaker of the Palestinian Parliament, which has not met in years……“The consequences of the partnership with Hamas must be understood,” Mr. Netanyahu told Mr. Abbas, according to a statement from his office. “It is bad for Israel, bad for the Palestinians, and bad for the region.”

from nyt “Israel Demands Palestinian Leader’s Help After Abductions” http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/17/world/middleeast/israel-demands-abbas-help-after-abductions.html?_r=0

3. Bumblebye
    Bumblebye on June 16, 2014, 11:29 am

Hah!
    I noticed also the greying of Obama’s hair. Bibi has a lot to answer for.

• Zach S
      Zach S on June 16, 2014, 2:05 pm

You guys can blame Zionists for anything, can’t you?

• Cliff
        Cliff on June 17, 2014, 7:44 am

Whatever you say ‘Zach S’.

Why did you make a fake Twitter and FB account, troll?

• Zach S
        Zach S on June 17, 2014, 10:13 am

What fake Twitter?

4. on June 16, 2014, 12:01 pm

You are so talented. These are wonderful cartoons. Thank you. Made my day again.

5. LeaNder
    LeaNder on June 16, 2014, 12:32 pm

This one is perfect again, Katie. No doubt interesting story. Well worth it.

I love Khamas, and I admittedly have been pondering about Fox News last paragraph on the topic. They informed us about ISIS tentacles in the West Bank. Just in case. You know, even Fox viewers may wonder why the hell Khamas should do this now.

Oh, they updated it by now. Just in case someone doesn’t yet know the acronym ISIS. And to make it absolutely sure no one misses, what they are supposed to store mentally, they added that ISIS is the latest mutation of Al Qaeda. Fox link. Now yes, that surely was an improvement in perception management. It also was the last paragraph when I looked at it. ;)

In recent months, there have been growing signs of the emergence in the West Bank of small groups of militants who identify with Al Qaeda. One of several claims of responsibility for the kidnapping came from a group that said it was linked to an Al Qaeda splinter group, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, which controls parts of Syria and overran parts of northern Iraq this month.

The Israeli military also said its aircraft struck several targets in Gaza overnight in retaliation for Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel. Gaza Health Ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Kidra said a girl was slightly wounded.

take care.

6. MHughes976
    MHughes976 on June 16, 2014, 12:48 pm

A brilliant work of political art, though I miss the cat. The suggestion is that Obama is less and less overwhelmed by the security rhetoric. I hope that that is true.

7. Katie Miranda
    Katie Miranda on June 16, 2014, 1:59 pm

Thanks Mary ! You mean Grumpycat ? I try to use her whenever I can. :}

8. MHughes976
    MHughes976 on June 16, 2014, 2:56 pm

Yes, indeed, Grumpycat, of whom I hope to see more. Mind you, I’m Martin, not Mary.

9. mariapalestina
    mariapalestina on June 17, 2014, 9:13 am

Hi Katie… Loved this. Love Bibi’s bib. (This is Mary, by the way… Loving my Palestine necklace too.)