Video: Jewish settler looses attack dog on Palestinian shepherd and flock, maiming sheep

and on 63 Comments

This graphic video was shot on Saturday in the South Hebron Hills. It was posted by activists– including Guy Butavia and our good friend Ronnie Barkan — and is said to show a Jewish settler from a new outpost near the illegal settlement of Havat Mor releasing an attack dog on Palestinian shepherds grazing a flock. The shepherds are from the nearby Khirbet a-Rahwah village.

The dog rips off the tail of a sheep and part of its buttocks, as is evident at the end of the video. One other sheep was injured in the head.

When he is speaking Hebrew, the settler claims that the arrival of activists to the Hebron Hills ruins good neighborly relations with the Palestinians, and also that the Palestinians have “crossed a line,” according to Ofer Neiman,

This is surely akin to the horrifying video (of a Palestinian father being arrested outside Hebron as his son cries) that animated Peter Beinart to declare a crisis of Zionism seven years ago. Yesterday the American Jewish rightwing leader Ron Lauder published a piece in the New York Times discovering a crisis of Zionism in Israel’s turn to the right and its neverending settlement project; and liberal Zionist leader Jeremy Ben-Ami celebrated the article. It’s good that Lauder is stirring; but how much information does anyone need? When is enough enough? The Kishinev massacre in 1903 spurred international action by Jews against Russia after pictures were rushed out to the London and New York papers (by Zionists). Palestinians have experienced pogroms for 50 and 70 years and American Jews still cannot turn against the religious ideology that animates this settler: the idea of a Jewish national home on someone else’s land.

philweiss

ofern
About Ofer Neiman

Neiman is an Israeli activist

1. Paranam Kid
    Paranam Kid
    March 19, 2018, 9:54 am

“Jews still cannot turn against the religious ideology that animates this settler ….”

The settlers do NOT represent a religious ideology, they represent a racist political ideology. Please refrain from conflating Zionism and Judaism, because that is the only way that the Zionists keep getting away with their crimes against humanity: hiding behind Judaism.

Philip, this human trash (sorry, there is no better description) needs to be exposed for what it is, and by conflating the 2 -isms you are contributing to the prolongation of the crimes against Palestinians and the abuse of a religion.

Keith
      March 19, 2018, 1:44 pm

PARANAM KID- “Please refrain from conflating Zionism and Judaism….”

Perhaps you should tell that to all of the Rabbis who conflate Zionism with Jewishness. All of the Jewish organizations represented by the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations are strong supporters of Israel and Zionism. Folks who deny the connection between Judaism and Zionism are in deep denial. Israel Shahak maintained that Zionism represented a return to the ideology of Classical (medieval) Judaism in secular form. I agree. (see “Jewish History, Jewish Religion: The Weight of Three Thousand Years,” by Israel Shahak) I quote commenter Danaa (a former Israeli) on the topic.

“Unfortunately, secular zionism is in a state of symbiosis with religious zionism. That’s because the first cannot stand without the second. Which is why, as time goes on, more and more of the jews of Israel will turn religious, even as they deny it.” (Danaa) http://mondoweiss.net/2017/12/ending-crisis-zionism/#comment-901284

MHughes976
        March 19, 2018, 2:55 pm

But we may think, alongside Marc Ellis, that ‘Jews of conscience’ could never become Zionists – he thinks that faithfulness to the prophetic tradition is perverted by imperialist sentiment. I suppose he thinks the same about post-Constantine Christians.

Paranam Kid
        March 20, 2018, 7:21 am

Keith: “Perhaps you should tell that to all of the Rabbis who conflate Zionism with Jewishness.”

I agree, except I don’t have any connections there. A publication like Mondoweiss has a higher chance of reaching (some of) them. That is why I keep hounding Philip about coming clean on this. I find him ambiguous on this, if not downright devious. And that attitude contributes to those rabbis and Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations feeling comfortable with their insane, depraved bigotry.

Incidentally, how do link to a specific comment on another Mondoweiss page?

Keith
        March 20, 2018, 11:32 am

PARANAM KID- “I agree, except I don’t have any connections there.”

The fundamental point is that it is the Rabbis and the majority of the Jewish religious community who establish the guidelines of their religious faith. That you disagree with them is hardly pursuasive. And if you read “Jewish History, Jewish Religion,” you will see that Classical Judaism and the Talmudic laws have heavily influenced Israeli Zionists, particularly in relation to Jewish attitudes towards Gentiles. I am somewhat constrained in what I say insofar as my comments appear to be closely moderated on this topic.

PARANAM KID- “Incidentally, how do link to a specific comment on another Mondoweiss page?”

I located the comment in my commenter profile by searching “Danaa.” I remembered she had discussed this and I had replied. Then I went to Danaa’s commenter profile to locate the same comment to click on it and get the URL. A bit of a pain. There may be easier ways, but that is how I do it.

Mooser
        March 20, 2018, 1:05 pm

“A publication like Mondoweiss has a higher chance of reaching (some of) them.”

Well, I, for one, never figured that Zionist Rabbis make up a large part of Mondo’s readership. (Rabbis who won’t comment, endlessly? Hard to conceive.), but from your mouth to God’s ear

Paranam Kid
        March 20, 2018, 1:21 pm

@Keith: the rabbis & majority of the Jewish religious community may have been influenced by Classical Judaism & the Talmudic (I will take your word for it), the situation in reality is that the Zionists have used that influence to justify & promote their racist ideology. And maybe I should be hounding them but I have no tangible way of doing that, as non-persuasive as that may sound.

With Philip Weiss I have a concrete example of what I believe is a helping hand to keep the Zionism/Judaism fallacy alive. Maybe he does not do it on purpose, which I don’t really believe, but as a result the helping hand is there. And rather than try to reach the US rabbis & majority of the Jewish religious community at large, I prefer to do it on a much smaller scale.

Expressing myself carefully now, I hope I have understood you & answered you correctly on this point, and that I have not got up your nose like I did with Annie Robbins. If you find I am still not getting it, I apologise.

BTW thanks for explaining the linking :-))

Keith
        March 20, 2018, 4:55 pm

PARANAM KID- ” If you find I am still not getting it, I apologise.”

No need to apologize for having a different opinion. That is what discussions are all about. Please be aware, however, that discussions on Mondoweiss can sometimes get heated. I have had my share of those. Just hang in there and don’t take it personal.

RoHa
        March 20, 2018, 6:27 pm

” link to a specific comment on another Mondoweiss page?”

In the Good Old Days you could go directly from the 100 most recent page to the comment in the thread. All you had to do was click on the date of the comment. Now you have to go to the commenter’s archive and hunt for it there.

RoHa
        March 20, 2018, 6:29 pm

Don’t take it personally.

Mooser
        March 20, 2018, 11:38 pm

“All you had to do was click on the date of the comment.”

Depends on which browser you are using. I think the Firefox browser still supports that function, but Chrome doesn’t.

annie
        March 21, 2018, 12:58 am

mooser, i explain how to do it here: http://mondoweiss.net/2018/03/settler-palestinian-shepherd/#comment-910483 it works on (my) chrome browser.

gamal
      March 21, 2018, 8:01 am

“hiding behind Judaism”

but Zionists hide behind everything, behind being victims behind being victorious behind democracy, civilization, horticulture behind being white behind being black being socialist behind being augurs of the end of times,

it’s in the nature of things they are not the only ones, and as to all this Zionist, Liberal Zionist nonsense I abhor both the Colon and the semi-Colon, have no use for either.

Commadate g, not hiding behind Islam just examining it closely, over and out.

2. philweiss
    philweiss
    March 19, 2018, 10:08 am

You’re being reductive/ideological.
    A lot of these racists quote the bible. Ben Gurion made a shidduch with religious parties.
    Bad people use religion and good people use it too.

Paranam Kid
      March 19, 2018, 10:49 am

Philip, you are dodging the issue.
      I am aware that religion is used by both sides of the divide, and you choose 1 side of the divide, i.e. the side of the Zionists, by saying that the settlers pursue a religious ideology.
      You do the same when you talk about “liberal” Zionists; Zionism is a purely racist ideology, so liberal Zionist = liberal racist = does NOT exist.

Now, it is your right to choose sides, I have nothing to say about it. But please be upfront about it, instead of being disingenuous, giving a certain impression when doing something else in reality.

This is your website, and you are free to ban me if you like. I will appreciate it if you don’t but then I will continue taking you to task over this.

MHughes976
        March 19, 2018, 2:47 pm

If some settlers say ‘God is on our side’ I think we should accept that that is what they think, that is how religion exists in their minds. Presumably they would argue the point on the basis of theology or sacred texts. Therefore what they hold to is a religious ideology, which they call Judaism. What we can deny is that this version of Judaism is authentic. There are some versions of Christianity that I consider inauthentic too.

annie
        March 19, 2018, 3:04 pm

he’s not dogging anything paranam. if you care to make the argument there are no religious fanatics, no religious extemists, that they do not exist, then do so. not in islam, not in christianity and not in judaism. otherwise, tell us who those religious fanatics are, in judaism

In Israel, the phrase “the Messia’s Donkey” can also refer to the controversial political-religious doctrine ascribed to the teachings of Avraham Yitzhak Kook which claims that secular Jews, which represent the material world, are an instrument in the hands of God whose purpose it was to establish the State of Israel and begin the process of redemption, but upon its establishment they would be required to step aside and allow the Religious-Haredi public to govern the state. According to this analogy, the secular Jewish public are the “donkey”, while the Religious-Haredi public who would take their place represent a collective quasi-Messianic body.

they represent a racist political ideology.

zionism is a racist political ideology. and while these religious fanatics might “represent” the goals of the (once) secular colonizing government, they are fueled by religious fanaticism.

Mooser
        March 19, 2018, 3:07 pm

“There are some versions of Christianity that I consider inauthentic too.”

I think we should accept that that is what they think, that is how religion exists in their minds. Presumably they would argue the point on the basis of theology or sacred texts. Therefore what they hold to is a religious ideology.

annie
        March 19, 2018, 3:41 pm

Now, it is your right to choose sides…. But please be upfront about it, instead of being disingenuous

this is amusing because this mindframe, of you thinking you’re right, accusing someone (anyone?) who doesn’t agree of being a zionist, and making a division between either agreeing with you or being a racist, and then pretending like you have some kind of authority to make people choose between affirming your opinion or being on the other side of this so called “divide” you’ve created in your mind. and then doubling down and saying “it is your right” to choose and then assuming the only reason someone might not share your view is because they are being disingenuous and not up front.

no one has to make a choice of even considering what you, an anonymous person, is writing. this is the comment section of a website. people share their opinions, we argue, but what consequence is there for anyone who doesn’t take you up on this ‘choose one side of the divide’ instruction?

nothing.

if you don’t but then I will continue taking you to task over this

like who cares? how do you take anyone to task here, by making an ignorant authoritative presumptuous comment? and talk about stating the obvious, that phil is “free” to ban you. i’m just not understanding how whatever you’re saying holds any kind of threat at all.

apparently, you don’t think stating your opinion or disagreeing with phil (or anyone for that matter) is persuasive enough, maybe you think it has more weight if you make accusations of deception (essentially, ‘anyone who doesn’t agree w/me is lying’) if they don’t share your opinion? rethink.

Mooser
        March 19, 2018, 4:43 pm

“I beg you to observe, gentleman, that I neither blame nor approve; I relate” – Sally Rand.

echinococcus
        March 19, 2018, 5:00 pm

Annie,

Irrelevant when discussing the nature of Zionism. The foot soldiers of this criminal political enterprise are recruited both by fiercely anticlerical and madly religious propaganda –both seem to work and, as with any mass propaganda, superstition appeals to more people. Foot soldiers have no say and no participation in decisions. Just as relatively honest people among US Democrats are participating in crimes against humanity while subjectively abhorring them, so Zionist religious fanatics and atheist racial fanatics all participate in the same crimes ordered by the Owners.

People’s conscious motivations or rationalization makes no difference as to the aims or methods of the Zionist abomination. What moves all Zionists, necessarily and by definition, remains racism.

annie
        March 19, 2018, 7:16 pm

Irrelevant when discussing the nature of Zionism

the article wasn’t about the nature of zionism. the reference phil used (wrt zionism) was beinart’s article, the crises of zionism, and book by the same title (albeit i have not read the book but one imagines it’s about the same thing) as well as Lauder’s article which i did read (and referenced this morning in a different thread) and ben ami (whose commentary phil referenced i have not read). having read both beinart and lauder the reference to the so called “crises” — was the handwringing over jewish youth and lack of support for israel and how it doesn’t ‘look so good’ so the millennials are turning away.

so it’s in this context, and the context of this video, he wrote “American Jews still cannot turn against the religious ideology that animates this settler”. which many of them can’t. there’s nothing about the post per se about the “nature of zionism” (although there have been many articles about that). again, his reference as i read it was in relation to settler pogroms.

if paranam, or you for that matter, want to write about the nature of zionism do so and send it in, i bet adam and phil would be interested. or the comment section is a great place to talk about the nature of zionism. but in the context of this settler attack, it’s still the religious ideology animating it. and if you or anyone else care to argue it isn’t go for it.

there’s no difference between the foot soldiers and the settlers in the knesset — so yeah, they make plenty of decisions. and the guy who set the dog on them made that decision, and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand the settlers are out front in this enterprise (which serves the state in the colonial project).

What moves all Zionists, necessarily and by definition, remains racism.

oh really. you think it’s racism motivating fundamentalist christians to support israel. because last i heard it was second coming. not that they are not racist, but it’s not racism that makes them believe christ is coming back once all the jews are in israel (and other biblical signs and conditions i am not familiar with).

Paranam Kid
        March 20, 2018, 7:31 am

Annie Robbins: “he’s not dogging anything paranam. if you care to make the argument there are no religious fanatics, no religious extemists, that they do not exist, then do so.”

1. You are right, he is not dogging anything, but he is dodging the issue I raise.
        2. I don’t understand the relevance your suggestion as to why I should make an argument about the non-existence of religious extremism. In fact, I may well be intellectually below your level but I don’t understand the point you are trying to make to me.

annie
        March 20, 2018, 1:46 pm

kid, while we banter back and forth and argue our points at our leisure, some following the old article threads or perhaps the last 100 comment thread to follow the most recent conversations, others may be looking for the hottest, most compelling or fresh news on twitter or haaretz or nyt and volley literally 100’s of emails or list serves w/tips from readers or staff and writing articles about those tips. maybe a person like that literally doesn’t have the time or interest to follow or read all those comments or to respond to every argument or critique. that’s just one scenario in which someone might not be dodging your “issue” kid.

when i write my senator or call her office with a complaint, i don’t necessarily think she’s dodging me if she doesn’t call me back and respond to my argument (of course if i were donating a million dollars to her campaign i might expect better treatment!). sometimes a spade is just a spade, who knows. but what occurs to me is that unlike others, you did get a personal response which is not that common around here (people direct comments and critiques at phil all the time) and instead of taking his words, his response to you, at face value, for some inexplicable reason you choose to believe he is dodging the issue because he doesn’t agree with you.

the nature of religious extremism dictates the extremist’s actions. if ones argument is that “settlers do NOT represent a religious ideology” (“you choose… the side of the Zionists, by saying that the settlers pursue a religious ideology”) presumes violent actions of the settlers are not driven, at least in part, by religious fanaticism. this presumption, imho, as phil tried to point out, is reductive. because, imho, it denies the agency of religious extremism as a whole. and i say this because what i see is that agency, of ongoing persistent extremism being acted out on the world stage, what’s happening in the WB, is a perfect example of extremists representing their ideology. (it also happens to be a perfect example of empire using extremists to further their cause, not that different than empire using isis to accomplish their imperial goals). and because i see it as that perfect example, and from your words i assume you do not. it calls into question if you believe in the agency of religious fanatics at all. that’s why i wrote ” if you care to make the argument there are no religious fanatics, no religious extemists, that they do not exist, then do so.”

I may well be intellectually below your level

oh i don’t think you’re intellectually beneath. quite the contrary, when i was a kid i wouldn’t have even had the guts to step in it like you’re doing. but i probably have more experience making arguments than you do.

Paranam Kid
        March 20, 2018, 8:06 am

Annie Robbins: “you thinking you’re right, accusing someone (anyone) who doesn’t agree of being a zionist …. etc. etc.

Philip acts as if he is against Israel’s occupation and against the treatment of Palestinians, which he would presumably, like all of us here, like to end. Yet, he helps to continue providing the Zionists with the only cover they have, as it were, by conflating Zionism and Judaism, which are 2 different concepts, and by insisting on talking about liberal Zionists, which is like talking about liberal racists.

Zionism is a racist ideology and pairing it somehow with religion is fundamentally wrong. You may not agree, but it is not something I invented myself, that is what Zionism is about: a “home” for the Jewish people only, run by & for the sole benefit of Jews, i.e. racism.

Philip does not see this dichotomy in his thinking, which is why I am trying to get him to explain it. I am a strong believer in calling a spade a spade, esp. where Israel/Palestinians are concerned. Philip has a different mindset, which is why I take him to task on that (sorry if I hurt your tender feelings using that expression). As a publisher of his journalistic work in combination with his thoughts he should expect to get critical comments, otherwise he would be in the wrong business.

“like who cares? how do you take anyone to task here, by making an ignorant authoritative presumptuous comment?”
        I could not give 2 hoots whether you care or not, I do not comment here to score brownie points or get upvotes or virtual pats on the back. I comment here about what my feelings are about the articles I read here, and whether you or anyone else here is interested or not is your business.

“i’m just not understanding how whatever you’re saying holds any kind of threat at all.”
        The reason you don’t understand it is because your interpretation of my arguments is a non-sequitur. You misread my argumentation.
        So, just for the record, I did not threaten Phil with anything, I was just upfront from my side by stating that I will keep addressing the issue because I feel very strongly about it, and I have not seen any arguments, least of all from you, demonstrating that I am talking nonsense.
        And, no, I do not think that people who don’t agree with (such as you) are lying. But if I see 2 patently contradictory “opinions”, I will take issue with it.

If my comments are ignorant, authoritative, or presumptuous, then present your counter-arguments, show me in which way they are so. If, as I suspect, you are not interested in that, fine, but then there is no need to put out unreasoned, slanderous comments against me. Remember, you are just another commenter here like me, no more no less, and I am not interested in mudslinging.

BTW, if I could not stand Phil’s way I would not continue reading his articles & commenting; commenting for me is a sign of involvement, even if those comments are not to everyone’s liking.

annie
        March 20, 2018, 12:54 pm

i was referencing one specific comment, borrowing your own words: “sorry if I hurt your tender feelings — I am a strong believer in calling a spade a spade.”

as for “authoritative” “presumptuous” and “ignorant”, this comes to mind: “settlers do NOT represent a religious ideology ….refrain from conflating”

really?

dis·in·gen·u·ous
        ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/Submit
        adjective
        not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
        synonyms: insincere, dishonest, untruthful, false, deceitful, duplicitous, lying, mendacious; hypocritical

how do link to a specific comment on another Mondoweiss page?

click on the users name and go to their archives. locate the comment. click on the time stamp of that specific comment. copy/paste the url. example: http://mondoweiss.net/2018/03/settler-palestinian-shepherd/#comment-910349

Philip Weiss March 19, 2018, 10:08 am
        You’re being reductive/ideological.
        Bad people use religion and good people use it too.

I am not interested in mudslinging.

i guess that depends on ones definition of mudslinging. because if i accused you of merely acting as if you were against the occupation while providing cover for Zionists, i’d be slinging mud at you. for sure.

echinococcus
        March 20, 2018, 8:37 am

Annie

And what are “settler pogroms” about, if not a planned part of the Zionist genocide of the owners of the country? If the individual post-67 settler cavemen are moved more by manipulating their thoroughly race-restricted and Amalekite-hating religion than by modern Zionist racist propaganda is irrelevant. Of course the nature of Zionism is totally the question. “Religious ideology” is another red herring. If there is any religious ideology, it’s the thorough racism of the particular religion itself.

there’s no difference between the foot soldiers and the settlers in the knesset — so yeah, they make plenty of decisions.and the guy who set the dog on them made that decision, and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand the settlers are out front in this enterprise (which serves the state in the colonial project).

Riight. Tell me next that votes decide anything in the US. Or that the Madassalafi retards are “out front” just because they feel like it, not because someone, meaning the Zionist direction and the US, both roughly under the same BoD, has planned and organized that. That the criminal with the dog is not there fully as an authorized representative of Zionism, being as effective as possible on its behalf.

Well, that’s exactly what we’re doing.

annie
        March 20, 2018, 2:11 pm

i get the feeling you think zionist genocide and religious ideology are mutually exclusive, when evidence suggests they are not. they work together hand in glove on the ground in the WB (as far as i am concerned).

Well, that’s exactly what we’re doing.

not that i can see. the nature of animation is that it ‘brings to life’ adds color, highlights and exaggeration or whatever. i don’t see you arguing religious fanaticism doesn’t animate zionist genocide. in fact, i see you arguing quite the opposite when you write “And what are “settler pogroms” about, if not a planned part of the Zionist genocide of the owners of the country? “

annie
        March 20, 2018, 2:22 pm

why would i do that, i am not playing your strawmen games. as i just mentioned to the kid earlier http://mondoweiss.net/2018/03/settler-palestinian-shepherd/#comment-910492

Mooser
        March 20, 2018, 12:02 pm

Sorry, not Sally Rand. I meant Talleyrand, the laicized French bishop, politician, and diplomat. I get those two mixed up.

Paranam Kid
        March 20, 2018, 1:44 pm

@Annie Robbins: I told you I call a spade a spade. If I thought Phil were a liar I would call him a liar. And since I do not and never thought he was a liar I asked him to stop the pretence of being sincere (disingenous = pretending to be honest or sincere) and call a spade a spade, i.e how does he see Zionism. He is critical of Zionism/Zionists but at the same time he conflates it with religion and uses the oxymoron “liberal Zionist”.

It is of course his choice whether he comes clean, but it is my choice if I want to ask him to do so.

Last time I checked you were not a moderator here, so I’ll carry on with my style of commenting. If you don’t like it, skip my comments. If you want to take me to task, fine, but be specific otherwise I will treat your comments as background noise, hot air. Thank you.

annie
        March 20, 2018, 2:32 pm

sure, you can ask him till the cows come home kid. but it’s unlikely you’ll get very far. here’s the deal, at a minimum i am going to assume you believe what you write — i figure i owe you at least that. iow, i am not going to assume for the sake of argument you’re deceptive, pretending, dishonest, or insincere.

i’ve been quite specific, repeatedly. and as you pointed out earlier, i’m just a commenter here. you can carry on all you want in whatever style you want, but the way you’re going about it (w/the argument someone is insincere and not taking their words at face value) the chance of it making any kind of impact, (imho) is zilch. ciao.

Mooser
        March 20, 2018, 3:19 pm

“Paranam Kid”, please read the “About” page.

RoHa
        March 20, 2018, 6:54 pm

“I get those two mixed up.”

We all do at some time or another. It’s easily done.

Mooser
        March 20, 2018, 11:43 pm

“We all do at some time or another. It’s easily done.”

Ah, thank you, “RoHa”. I thought I was the only one.

3. John O
    John O
    March 19, 2018, 10:35 am

In the UK, anyone letting their dog off its lead in the presence of grazing animals would be in serious trouble with the law; and the livestock owner would be within his/her rights to shoot the dog.

Paranam Kid
      March 19, 2018, 12:04 pm

Even if they have a similar in Israel, that law would only be applicable to Palestinian-owned dogs. And in the Stolen Territories there are no laws to protect Palestinians or their property.

Kay24
      March 19, 2018, 12:20 pm

That happens in a real democracy. The fake one here in the Middle East has a different set of rules when one of their own acts like a vicious animal. The soldier who assassinated a wounded Palestinian, while he was on the ground, incapacitated, and no threat to anyone, has just got his sham of a sentence shortened, and he is now free. What next? Perhaps an all expenses paid trip to Disney for that zionist “hero”? Or maybe a Sheldon Adelson donation of a luxury villa in an illegal settlement for the darling of the IDF.

Maghlawatan
      March 19, 2018, 4:39 pm

Palestinians in the OT have no rights.
      How some people think this is kosher is beyond me.

annie
      March 21, 2018, 1:43 am

would be within his/her rights to shoot the dog.

that ran through my mind too. but then i figured, given who they’re dealing with here, it would probably result in this colonialist and his whacked out buddies, would not let anyone get away with killing their dog. and envisioned them invading the palestinian village in the middle of the night and killing some people for revenge — and getting away with it, as usual. i think it’s a given they value the life of their dog over that of the one who killed it. maybe 1000 fold or more.

and palestinians have no rights in the WB, so the very concept of “within” their rights, is a non non sequitur; doesn’t exist under israeli occupation.

4. lonely rico
    lonely rico
    March 19, 2018, 10:57 am

> YouTube

Terrorist from Havat Mor outpost sicks attack dog on Palestinian herd of sheep

Should read –
    “Sick Zionist terrorist sicks attack dog …”
    although “sick” and “terrorist” are redundant,
    they’re part of being Zionist.

Kay24
      March 19, 2018, 12:24 pm

I think the term “vicious” also applies to them. Their actions against Palestinians are always vicious as we have seen, time and time again.

RoHa
      March 19, 2018, 6:18 pm

Should read “sics attack dog”. No “k”.

Keith
        March 20, 2018, 12:31 am

ROHA- “Should read “sics attack dog”. No “k”.”

It’s a lonely job, but someone has to do it. I guess.

RoHa
        March 20, 2018, 5:02 am

Lonely, unpaid, unappreciated. But duty calls, and a man’s got to do what a man’s got to do.

eljay
        March 20, 2018, 9:05 am

|| RoHa: Lonely, unpaid, unappreciated. … ||

I know I’m just a Canadian (eh?) but for what it’s worth I appreciate your attention to grammatical detail. Keep up the good (if lonely and unpaid) work!  :-)

Mooser
        March 20, 2018, 12:06 pm

My own commastomy bag was overflowing until I heeded “RoHa’s” admonitions. Now my prose is “as limpid as dammit”.

5. Kate
    Kate
    March 19, 2018, 1:50 pm

It’s quite common for settlers to attack animals belonging to Palestinians. Not just grazing animals but sometimes pets. Don’t think I’ve see them using a dog to do it before (I may just have forgotten) – they usually hit the animals with sticks or run them over, but I would not really be surprised if these vicious settlers bit the sheep themselves.

6. Ossinev
    Ossinev
    March 19, 2018, 2:44 pm

What struck me most about the video was that the dog well looked so European and out of place in the Palestinian landscape. Now if it was patrolling the perimeters of a Nazi concentration camp in the 1940`s it would look to have been in its element. As for the “settler” far from looking at home in the setting he well looked like a red haired,red bearded Viking hippie and even more incongruous in his Tel Aviv lightweight slacks and open neck shirt.
    Still brutal Viking invader stealing,terrorising,brutalising the native population etc he perversely fits the bill. One can only hope that his cuddly little pet takes a dislike to him soon and treats him like a sheep.

Mooser
      March 19, 2018, 3:04 pm

“What struck me most about the video was that the dog well looked so European and out of place…”

That’s what struck me, too. After all, dogs (and cats) are trefe.
      I remember great objections to having a ‘dirty animal” like that in the home. My parents wouldn’t have it. And we lived in the suburbs, too.

just
        March 19, 2018, 4:06 pm

Looks and acts like a trained to attack pit bull to me… as vicious as the illegal settler who loosed him on the peacefully grazing sheep and the peaceful shepherds guarding and guiding them.

The vicious dog is not a herding dog/livestock guardian. I am only surprised that the IOF wasn’t standing by doing its usual nothing but giggling in the face of this crime.

John O
      March 19, 2018, 4:02 pm

Yes, Ossinev – the red hair and beard caught my attention, too.

Mooser
        March 20, 2018, 12:49 pm

. “the red hair and beard caught my attention,”

Like Lenin!

Paranam Kid
      March 20, 2018, 8:18 am

@Ossinev: the whole Zionist project was set up by a gang of aggressive European Zionists who infested Palestine in the 20th century, and continue to dominate the political scene in Israel. This settler is iconic of that and highlights the fact that the Europeans are out of place in the Middle East.

7. Maghlawatan
    Maghlawatan
    March 19, 2018, 4:41 pm

Militant Jewish settlers are vile. They are proof that any culture can go off the rails with enough brainwashing.

8. Kate
    Kate
    March 20, 2018, 12:46 am

Video from November 2008, Christian Peacemaker Teams – Israeli settlers attack Palestinian shepherds and international accompaniers with large rocks. They manage to steal a donkey and stab it to death.

9. Marnie
    Marnie
    March 20, 2018, 5:03 am

I couldn’t make out whether the dog was a 4 legged creature barking and snapping or the 2 legged creature snapping and barking in a white shirt.

10. Marnie
    Marnie
    March 20, 2018, 5:19 am

Another thing that strikes me watching this video is the ease with which this settler scumbag releases his dog to attack, knowing full well he faces absolutely zero repercussions. I’d bet money that he’s an american or son of an american who has been raised on a steady diet of white supremacy and jewish entitlement, that the white boy/jewish settler/zionist terrorist can fuck with anyone he wants with impunity, and go home for supper unscathed and brag to his family about it. It would be a much different video if there was a level playing field and the shepherds were armed. That would be justice.

11. Sulphurdunn
    Sulphurdunn
    March 20, 2018, 9:39 am

When did one race of people ever violently conquer and colonize another without making some argument of ethnoreligious superiority, divine entitlement or manifest destiny as their moral justification?

12. eljay
    eljay
    March 20, 2018, 12:44 pm

Cry “Am Yisrael Chai!” and let slip the dog of Zionism.

13. Ossinev
    Ossinev
    March 20, 2018, 2:25 pm

And just when I thought that Zios couldn`t get more absurd:
    I wonder how many Jewish Israelis have been arrested/detained for not intervening to stop a “terrorist crime”? Somewhere in the region of 99.999999999% I expect.

eljay
      March 20, 2018, 2:49 pm

|| Ossinev: And just when I thought that Zios couldn`t get more absurd:
      https://www.timesofisrael.com/court-releases-palestinians-accused-of-not-intervening-in-old-city-stabbing/ … ||

Deeming the police’s case against them to be “weak,” a Jerusalem Magistrate’s Court judge released to house arrest six Palestinians who were arrested Tuesday for allegedly witnessing a fatal stabbing attack in the Old City and doing nothing to intervene.

Explaining his decision, Judge Eitan Cohen accepted the testimony of the defendants, who claimed that they did not manage to process what was happening in the 34 seconds between the stabbing of Adiel Kolman on Sunday and the police arrival at the scene.
      . . .
      “It seems that it is difficult to unequivocally state that they intentionally did not intervene in the matter,” the judge said, in rejecting the police’s request to extend the suspects’ remand for five days. …

I’m sure the “Jewish State” police are upset that they weren’t given enough time to interrogate the accused “in the dark, without witnesses and cameras” and extract the right confession.