- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 13
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 23
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 3
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 22
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary 23
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine 6
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile 45
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving … 62
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Handling holy hypocrisy at holiday season 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- Palestinians can have an embassy in Jerusalem, but God forbid … 0
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 184
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, 11 hours ago
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, 13 hours ago
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, 13 hours ago
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary http://t.co/B8f815HzG0, 14 hours ago
- .@nytimes abided by Israeli gag order even as @intifada scooped it repeatedly http://t.co/qNl4HF9meg, 14 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine (6)
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel (23)
- Bandolero: piotr I completely agree with you. And I would even go further: the Republicans have with Rand Paul a...
- piotr: I spent some money to support “anyone but Hillary” (I am not a tycoon, so it is merely a record...
- piotr: “It should be exciting to see a politician who stands up in public and takes on the lobby.” This...
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation (3)
- tokyobk: He gave me the creeps too, the way he chewed on his pencil, though he did pick an important fight with the...
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official (13)
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (23)
- ritzl: @Stephen Shenfield- Great point. And you have to ask who the dueling accusers are trying to influence to get...
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped it repeatedly (22)
- Hostage: New York, New York. Are you alluding to Sullivan’s timing or are you pleased to be there? Yes, I was...
Tag Archives: Egypt
Nine women wait in a holding cell at the Cairo airport awaiting their deportation, after they tried to join a women’s delegation to Gaza. What do we have in common? writes Felice Gelman, above left. An interest in calling attention to the terrible plight the women of Gaza face particularly in the face of the tightening siege. The UN has cautioned an humanitarian disaster is imminent. And Israel, Egypt and the US all have their reasons for blockading the strip.
With the news that the UN General Assembly has voted 138-9 to accept Palestine as a “non-member observer state,” fireworks erupted and horns honked in Gaza. Finally, Palestinians were feeling as if they were having their day in the sun.
There are so many basic things most of us take for granted….like, electricity. But in Gaza — especially these days — it’s a precious commodity.
An activist recounts attempting to enter Gaza through both the Israeli and Egyptian borders.
The ripples from the January 25 insurrection continue to rock Egyptian society. On July 8, hundreds of thousands of protesters gathered in squares across the country on the Friday of Determination. As Al-Ahram reports, “retribution against ‘the killers of the … Continue reading
Recent events in Egypt have already provided Israelis with a number of invaluable lessons. The first was right there in the Bible the whole time (Prov 27:24 – nice play on words in Hebrew, by the way: ‘h[o]sn[i] is not … Continue reading
The Israeli government and its many friends in the U.S. media are rushing to support the brutal Mubarak dictatorship as it copes with the most serious challenge to its rule. As I noted yesterday, Israel is worried about a reliable … Continue reading
The Egyptian uprising against the Mubarak regime is historic and important in its own right. But it may also lead to significant changes in the region that could be positive for the Palestinian cause. Israel is worried about a reliable … Continue reading
‘The Palestine Cables’: Other countries want to ‘smoke out’ Israel on NPT and Mossad use of passports
Whether it’s the Mossad’s use of foreign passports or the refusal to open up about its nuclear weapons program, Israel is developing a reputation as a rogue state. Some of the nearly 2,000 secret State Department cables so far released … Continue reading
‘The Palestine Cables’: Gaza is a burning issue from Egypt to Latin America to Pakistan, to John Kerry being ‘shocked by what I saw’
This is the third entry in “The Palestine Cables,” Alex Kane’s series on what WikiLeaks is telling us about the Palestinian position in world politics. Forsaken by the “peace process,” ignored by mainstream media, denied justice two years after Israel … Continue reading
One of the most striking things that I took away from my time in Egypt last winter was the extent to which the U.S.-backed Mubarak dictatorship goes to squash public dissent on their government’s Gaza policy. Swarms of riot police … Continue reading