Question for the Israeli left: Why do you discount the possibility of a second Nakba?

Some may argue that the Nakba is an ongoing process, or rather, that it never really ended. Yet, bearing in mind the frightening political processes that are unfolding within Israel, one should wonder whether we are heading towards another catastrophe. So let us ask: how likely is is it for an ethnic cleansing of Palestinians to occur once again, similar to (or worse than) 1948?

Surprisingly, I find that the Israeli Left never seriously raises this as a possibility. The Left doesn’t seem to consider it, or even just casually wonder about it, as if Israel or Western societies acquired an immunity to this kind of mass violence. As if it’s a relic of the past. The Israeli Left can perfectly understand the dangerous political ‘processes’ that are bubbling from within, and it often admits that ‘the country is in shambles’. And, they are right. Don’t get me wrong: the Left’s worries about Israel’s future are genuine. But that’s as far as it will go. Perhaps by extrapolating one step further, the Left will understand the true gravity of the situation in Israel today.

Just try to imagine a worst case scenario, and you’ll quickly realize it is not that hard to do, and that this worst case scenario is actually not so unlikely. Not unlikely enough. Imagine a frustrated Palestinian, fed up with it all, planning some terrible attack against Israeli civilians. Perhaps it is a coordinated attack; perhaps an organization takes responsibility. What matters is this: It doesn’t take much. Just one, big, stupid mistake. And now, imagine the Israeli response to this attack. Be creative, I don’t necessarily mean the military: I mean people. Every year, on “Jerusalem Day”, an ever-growing angry mob goes down the streets of the Muslim Quarter spewing racist slogans anyway, don’t they? So what’s stopping them from setting it ablaze along the way?

One more, small, incremental step is all it would take.

At this point, a columnist would spend some time listing examples of the blind, thoughtless hate we got used to hearing on the street, in the comment sections, at work, and around the dinner table. The “good Arabs are dead Arabs” kinds of remarks; the “just nuke Gaza” kinds of comments; the ones that rejoiced when a bomb was accidentally dropped on 4 innocent children on the Gazan beach. But you’re all aware of this. My point is: that’s not the scary part. What’s really scary is a new brand of rationalized hate. A kind that slips under the radar. Real smart people – otherwise great people – explaining to you thoroughly and eloquently why last week’s peaceful protest against fascism was an act of terror; how the Right is being persecuted by the police; how Abbas is an antisemitic holocaust denier and how the Palestinian Authority is sponsoring terrorists in order to battle unemployment. Wait, what? When hatred is rationalized, the angry mob is justified.

I’m sure you’ve noticed this, and I imagine you’ve also gotten an eerie, strange feeling trying to argue against someone like that. A smart idiot. So, please, I beg you to bear with me when I take it one small step further, and imagine: were the Nazis idiots? Were they driven by a blind lust for blood? By pure evil hatred? Or were they following a carefully constructed, ‘rational’ ideology? So please, do make the comparison. Srebrenica doesn’t feel so exotic anymore, does it? It can happen. It has happened again and again in the most developed countries and there is nothing special about this one. I am scared that the Israeli Left – our (Palestinians) most important allies – is just waiting it out, just learning to get used to the giant elephant in the room, waiting for it to leave.

And where is the Left, anyway? Does it even exist? The ones I know – dear, dear friends and comrades – are certainly frustrated. They’re aware. But to they understand? Are they afraid yet? Maybe they should be. And please do not be confused – I am not talking about the so-called center-left here. I am not talking about Herzog or Lapid or Livni or Kachlon. I am certainly not talking about Roni Daniel’s whiny speech on Channel 2 News. I never had faith in them or their kind. I am talking about real, hard working leftists that I love and respect; the ones that dare to compare; the ones that are worried we are going down a bottomless fascist well; the ones that aren’t afraid to make the occasional comparison between 2016 Israel and 1938 Germany. But I don’t think they mean it when they compare.

“Yes”, they would say, wearing a worried frown. “The situation is so bad. Every year we say it can’t get any worse and here it is, getting worse”. “I think I might have to move to Berlin,” they say. And who can blame them? Bennet is educating their kids and Shaked is running their courts and Lieberman has his finger on the red button and Elkin is in charge of Jerusalem and Regev decides what is culture and Netanyahu is the minister of foreign affairs and communications and economics who’s also in charge of the Mossad and Shin Bet, running the whole damn country. They get that, and they are certainly worried about that, as they should. But they don’t get it, do they? They don’t get that it already happened; that, in a very real sense, we’re already living in a fascistic nightmare. They don’t get that a bloody catastrophe is possible – just a matter of time, actually – unless we do something meaningful, quickly.

I ask the Israeli Left: are you not afraid for yourselves? Have years of relative stability and comfort numbed you down? Put your imaginations to sleep? The kind of nightmare scenario I am talking about doesn’t come unexpectedly, but I believe we now have every reason to expect it. 2016 Israel is a scary place, despite its pleasant appearances. I want to ask of you, even if you don’t carry signs at demonstrations, to start internalizing what is at stake here. I don’t think you really mean it when you make the comparison with the Nazis or when you talk about worrisome ‘processes’. I think you’re just trying to prove a point. I think you’re worried about the slope but don’t realize we’re already slipping, fast. I ask you to think about where all of this racism and hate is leading and realize there’s a fair chance that this country will have its very own crystal nights and killing fields and mass graves.

About Rida Abu Rass

Rida Abu Rass is a Palestinian citizen of Israel from Jaffa currently doing a Masters program at Brandeis University in Boston.

1. ritzl
    ritzl
    June 21, 2016, 4:02 pm

As Annie pointed out a few months back the legal definition of genocide was intended to stop genocide before it started in earnest. To prevent genocide.

The definition was based on the authors’ then recent observations of the signs leading up to the WWII-level genocides. They knew what they were talking about.

Notably, the phrase “in whole or in part” was included. Israel is definitely in the “in part” phase of that definition and is therefore on the path to ethnic cleansing on a mass scale. It’s probably a year or two away from a white-shirt emulation of “kristallnacht” in EJ.

WRT the participation of the Israeli left in all this, I don’t get the sense that they give a rat’s ass about what happens to Palestinians in Palestine. After all, their political leaders proudly proclaim that they’re not “Arab Lovers.” Say no more.

It’s happening and the left explicitly doesn’t care. I don’t know if “shaming” (as this article seems to attempt) works in that circumstance.

PS. Mr. Abu Rass, do you really think those four kids playing football on the beach were killed by mistake? Is that how you have to say it in order to avoid consequences back home?

Rida
      June 21, 2016, 6:06 pm

Thanks for the comment! To clarify, I don’t think the IDF’s bombing the children on the beach was accidental at all; it was meant sarcastically. Either italics or quotation marks will be added shortly.

lysias
      June 21, 2016, 6:33 pm

Does the American left care? Will it care if the second Nakba happens?

Cazador
      June 22, 2016, 11:18 am

Killed by mistake? How about a target bombing precision practice… I know, I’m evil to suggest that, but not enough to kill anyone, and CERTAINLY NOT children, the INNOCENT ones… How low can a country go to make itself look great at achieving its goals of stealing a people’s country at all co$t, killing about 2,000 of them, including a high proportion of children (the future of Palestine…, genocidewise?) and injuring many times that number each time a zionist Israeli election needs military action and fear inducing to back up a right wing warmonger politician looking for his re-election at all co$t for the survival of the second most dangerous country on the planet after the USA.

TonyRiley
        June 15, 2017, 9:34 am

Israel killed 1,300+ terrorists in Gaza. The 800 or so civilians died because (a) Hamas started a war, and civilians do die in war, and (b) because Hamas fire missiles from civilian areas and hospitals, as the Red Crescent finally admitted this week.

talknic
        June 15, 2017, 10:08 am

@ Arafatbastard June 15, 2017, 9:34 am

“Israel killed 1,300+ terrorists in Gaza. “

Bullsh*t. The IDF and armed forces of the Occupying Power are a legitimate military targets. The IDF memorial site tells us more IDF have been targeted, injured and killed than have Israeli civilians

“The 800 or so civilians died because (a) Hamas started a war,”

Hamas weren’t around when the Zionist Federation started its war on Palestine in 1897 . Hamas (1987) are a response to 90 years of Zionist colonization http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/8632-jewish-colonial-trust-the-judische-colonialbank

Hamas (1987) are a response to 39 years of Israeli forces being in territories the Israeli Government itself claimed on May 22nd 1948 were “outside the State of Israel” … “in Palestine”

Hamas a (1987) are a response to 20 years of Israeli occupation from 1967.

“and civilians do die in war,”

Including a few, very few, Israeli citizens. not that the Zionist Federation or Israel actually care, they encourage them to be on the front lines in non-Israeli territories, even lending them money specifically at interest to specifically be in non-Israeli territories on the front lines of the Zionist war on Palestine.

“and (b) because Hamas fire missiles from civilian areas and hospitals, as the Red Crescent finally admitted this week”

So what? It is illegal to bombard towns and villages that are NOT protected. In fact Israel NEEDS Hamas to attempt to protect towns and villages in order to bombard them.

Laws of War, Art. 25. The attack or bombardment, by whatever means, of towns, villages, dwellings, or buildings which are undefended is prohibited.

Fact is the Palestinians actually have no defenses capable of defending their territories from Israeli war ships miles off the Gaza coast in Palestinian territorial waters. They have no defenses capable of bringing down Israeli fighter bombers, helicopter gunships, guided missiles, tank armaments

All you have is wholly holey moldy old Hasbara fatso

2. jon s
    jon s
    June 21, 2016, 4:40 pm

Perhaps one of the keys to trying to understand the situation is this line ” 2016 Israel is a scary place, despite its pleasant appearances “. People naturally tend to focus on everyday life, and even if they are worried by the ominous signs of what may come, they feel impotent as to the possibility of doing something about it.

“Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future” . (Master Yoda)

Mooser
      June 21, 2016, 4:54 pm

“I share much of the writer’s observations re what appears to be paralysis of the Israeli Left: it should be doing a lot more, and I believe that ultimately it will.”

Yeah, we are all holding our breath. You know very well what the function of the “Israeli Left” is. It provides cover (or tries) for the Israeli Right. Yeah, yeah, you’re just about to spring into action and fix stuff, not use your dual-passport-citizenship to scurry back to the US.
      Yeah, as I said, I’m holding my breath. It’s been about 60 years “Jon s” everybody can see what the “Israeli Left” has to offer. Squat, in both meanings.

“People tend to focus on ordinary life” So friggin what? People try to focus on ordinary life all over the world, in the worst of circumstances. Say, wouldn’t it be nice if Palestinians could “focus on ordinary life” Or maybe simply living?

We weren’t born yesterday, “Jon s”

Cazador
        June 22, 2016, 11:20 am

Go live in Gaza and try to FOCUS ON ORDINARY LIFE, and you may die tomorrow.

echinococcus
      June 21, 2016, 5:16 pm

Who the hell cares, John S?
      After all it is the “Israeli ‘left’ “. Some left, racist and genocidal. No doubt wanting a part of the profit from invasion, theft and murder for other groups within the invaders. They can rot together with the “Israeli right”; in fact they are more dangerous because they look more or less human to some willingly gullible Westerners.

Mooser
      June 21, 2016, 5:37 pm

“Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future” . (Master Yoda)”

Was he one of the Prophets of Israel? Oh that’s right, “Yoda” was a stuffed mechanical doll in a movie.

Mooser
      June 21, 2016, 5:50 pm

“People naturally tend to focus on everyday life”

Like dealing with the occasional Eritrean who has to come to Beersheva? Just everyday stuff like shooting and kicking an innocent man to death.
      And the price-tag attacks, and the appropriation of property. And that same-old, everyday occupation. And the right and settlers taking over the government.
      Oh and Jerusalem and the Temple.
      Yeah, I can see how the placid surface of everyday life could lull Israeli Leftist into inaction. What’s to worry about? Oh, that’s right, you Israelis are right on the edge of being genocided by teenage girls with kitchen knives.

Marnie
      June 23, 2016, 10:46 am

jon s –

“An Israeli history teacher,long-time activist on the Israeli Left” – See more at: http://mondoweiss.net/profile/jon-s/#sthash.4f5xJQdl.dpuf

Long-time activist on the israeli left; what israeli left? You’re a fake. You have jumped from the so-called ‘left’ to full right depending on the article. Why do you assume your life is of any interest of anyone outside your gang? Everyone isn’t as stupid as you think they are. Do you actually think you’re believable?

‘israel is a ‘scary place, despite its pleasant appearances’. I don’t see anything pleasant in the appearance of israel and you being from the united states (I think), should be able to see the slime quite easily, no matter what the illusionists try to portray. I think you are the cruelest zionist on MW.

Mooser
        June 23, 2016, 8:53 pm

“. Why do you assume your life is of any interest of anyone…”

“Marnie”, it’s pretty simple. “Jon s” is the Stuart Smalley of Zionist commenters.

He comes here to tell us: “I’m Good Enough, I’m Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!”

For some reason he needs our affirmation. And being a Zionist, he knows how to get it. You squat down and demand it.

jon s
        June 27, 2016, 7:29 am

Marnie,

“Israel is a scary place….” is a quote from Ms. Abu Rass, the writer of the piece, above. Not my formulation.

Mooser
        June 27, 2016, 11:01 am

“I think that there are good and beautiful features in our country and also bad and ugly ones.”

And I must go and see all the “beautiful features” of your “country”!
        So please, “Jon s”, show me Israel on a map, so I can see the borders within which all this beauty is featured.

Mooser
        June 27, 2016, 11:06 am

“I don’t have to prove my Leftist credentials to you or anyone and why you think that I’ve jumped to “full right” is beyond me.”

“Jon s” the archives aren’t gone, they are just truncated a bit. Still plenty there. 20 “historic homeland%”, for instance

And everybody knows your style, “Jon s”; you lead with your left, but punch with your right.

amigo
        June 27, 2016, 12:57 pm

“And everybody knows your style, “Jon s”; you lead with your left, but punch with your right” Mooser.

“Just, I choose to live on land that is part of my people’s historic homeland, and, as you know, I acknowledge that it’s also the Palestinian homeland. That’s the situation, that’s what needs to be settled.”Jon S

Jon s certainly knows how to “settle ” a territorial dispute.Must have been there when Sharon made his famous statement !! .

“Take all you can get .What,s left belongs to the Arabs.” .

Or words to that effect.

Mooser
        June 27, 2016, 1:04 pm

.“Must have been there when Sharon made his famous statement: . “Take all you can get .What,s left belongs to the Arabs.” .

Well, look at that! No wonder he was so confident.

“Jon s” does haven impeccable “Leftist credentials”!

eljay
        June 27, 2016, 1:16 pm

|| jon s: … I think that there are good and beautiful features in our country and also bad and ugly ones. ||

The bad and ugly features of Israel include:
        – all manner of past and on-going (war) crimes intentionally and unapologetically committed by Jews against non-Jews, including ethnic cleansing, oppression, occupation, colonialism, torture and summary executions;
        – religion-based supremacism; and
        – a profound aversion to justice, accountability and equality.

As far as good and beautiful features go, I guess one could point – as Zio-supremacist are wont to do – to the fact that Israel isn’t as bad as Saudi Arabia, Mali and African “hell-holes”.

Mooser
        June 27, 2016, 3:18 pm

“As far as good and beautiful features go”

See you at the picnic.

eljay
        June 27, 2016, 5:30 pm

|| Mooser: “Eljay”, as far as I can tell, “Jon s” wants us to think of Beersheva as just another American town.
        See you at the picnic. ||

Sure, as long as there’s no cheering if when the IDF blows up Palestinians in Gaza and wipes them off the map (and pushes them into the sea).

K Renner
      June 26, 2016, 10:43 am

What pleasant appearances?

Metropolitan tel-aviv, you mean?

Because that really seems to be about it as far as I see it.

3. RoHa
    RoHa
    June 21, 2016, 11:02 pm

If Clinton gets elected, the neo-cons will keep their power and very likely start a war with Russia. (With China too, if we’re lucky.) That will provide fine cover for a second Nakba.

Cazador
      June 22, 2016, 9:45 am

If your prediction becomes reality, we’ll have no more Nakba problem to ponder on, as we’ll have no more inhabitable planet to live on. Let’s not push any nuclear country, or associated nuclear countries like Russia and China into a corner, thinking that it/they will give everything it/they own, its/their freedom of action on his/their land, its/their peace of mind… to the most dangerous and murderous bully country in history of mankind. If it ever becomes a total nuke launch pushbutton frenzy, the whole planet will be dying within days. Blak rain, black clouds, massive and total huge areas leveling… The Armagedon! The solution: jailing for the rest of their lives the masters of the politicians who are faithfully willing to nuke parts of the planet so the masters can control and PROFIT FROM the whole planet, their backyard, sort of, in their psychopathic brains.

4. JWalters
    JWalters
    June 22, 2016, 3:53 am

The absurd levels of vicious bigotry in Israel, sanctioned by the government with only the thinnest veneer, can only be intended as provocation. The intent of the radical Jewish fanatics is probably another major offensive to wipe out and drive out the remaining Palestinians. They may feel they can get away with this because it’s God’s plan.

But these religious fanatics do not FINANCE any of this. They have always been financed by war profiteers (“War Profiteers and the Roots of the War on Terror”). The war profiteers may find a major war on Israel’s soil to be extremely profitable. That may even have been the planned end game in creating the Israeli war zone. After all, EVERYBODY predicted this blowback from the Arab world when Israel was being manipulated, bribed, and threatened into existence. The Arabs predicted it, the U.S. Secretaries of State and Defense predicted it, even the Zionists predicted it.

The serious discussions in America’s media about why Muslims become “radicalized” are a joke for their omission of the obvious elephant sitting in their laps. The pervasive lies about Israel, by commission and omission, have completely derailed any honest discussion of the entire conflagration in the Mideast. America’s war policies, like its domestic gun policies, are decided by ammunitioneers.

First they came for the Palestinians, …

5. eljay
    eljay
    June 22, 2016, 7:50 am

… So let us ask: how likely is is it for an ethnic cleansing of Palestinians to occur once again, similar to (or worse than) 1948?

The words of “liberal Zionist” Richard Witty may provide an explanation:

“I cannot consistently say that ‘ethnic cleansing is never necessary’.”

“I feel that the nakba [sic] was a necessary wrong … “

So there you go: Ethnic cleansing was “necessary” in the past, and it may once again be “necessary”.

And because a second Nakba would – in theory at least – be just as good for the Jews / “Jewish State” as the first one, it would be a cause not for guilt or remorse or accountability but for celebration:

“The nakba [sic] that occurred in 1948 was accompanied by the independence, the liberation, of the Jewish community. So, I primarily celebrate … “

6. Cazador
    Cazador
    June 22, 2016, 9:30 am

Scary point of view for the future of Palestinians, and the physical and morale comfort of humanist Jews, Rida Abu Rass, but especially an excellent article, and so true when you think about the whole thing and list all the Zionist officials in charge of all aspects of life of the Israelis, and of organized death of an awful part of the Palestinians. Of course, the Palestinians are the only ones to be blamed, right? Wrong! Again, and again, and again! The diaspora Jews will have to wake up and make drastic changes among their so-called Israeli representatives, and I’m not refering only to AIPAC. You’ll find some of the same organization in Canada, France, England and most, if not all, Western countries and other foreign countries where Israel has commercial and political ties, and investments…, and power therefore.

7. Elizabeth Block
    Elizabeth Block
    June 22, 2016, 10:35 am

I was in Palestine in March, with Christian Peacemaker Teams. You don’t have to be Christian (I’m Jewish). Who knew?
    We heard a presentation from a woman with ICAHD, the Israeli Committee Against Home Demolitions, who said she doesn’t use the word “genocide” to describe what’s happening now. Why not? She’s saving it for when it actually starts.

Cazador
      June 22, 2016, 11:23 am

«She’s saving it for when it actually starts.» Quite a statement. Judging by the past zionist actions since 1948, I can’t IMAGINE of how BAD A START IT WILL BE.

8. Eva Smagacz
    Eva Smagacz
    June 22, 2016, 12:42 pm

When you are writing of a

“Just try to imagine a worst case scenario, and you’ll quickly realize it is not that hard to do, and that this worst case scenario is actually not so unlikely. Not unlikely enough. Imagine a frustrated Palestinian, fed up with it all, planning some terrible attack against Israeli civilians”

you are really talking of catalyzing event, that speeds up long, ongoing removal of Palestinians from their land:

… Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolunionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event — like a new Pearl Harbor. …

And we all know, there is list as long as one’s arm where Israel manufactures catalyzing events: from Lavon affair in 1954 to “looking for 3 kidnapped Israelis” in 2014 (while knowing full well they are dead) to soften public for assault Protective Edge on Gaza.

Cazador
      June 22, 2016, 1:02 pm

«(while knowing full well they are dead) to soften public for assault Protective Edge on Gaza»…

…AND the re-election of the nutàyahu. Those scams have become so obvious from election to election, AND the zionist and pro-zionist owner$ of the MSMs, the US’ and the other Western media that publish the US’ MSMs’ articles, keep publishing strictly the zionist versions. I don’t know how most non-zionist Jews feel about all this, but I have a feeling they’d rather move out of Israel and not be associated to zionism for their own good and sake, and peace of mind.

9. Stephen Shenfield
    Stephen Shenfield
    June 22, 2016, 8:17 pm

What the author rightly fears as the next phase is pogroms against Palestinians (there have already been pogroms, or something pretty close, against Africans). Like the anti-Jewish pogroms in tsarist Russia they may be deliberately incited and facilitated by forces within the ruling establishment.

The next question is what is the likely policy response to continuing terrorism (from both sides) and pogroms? I suggest it might be a more thorough program of separation, justified to international opinion as a way of protecting Palestinians as well as Jews. The separation will of course be achieved by means of further expropriation and ‘transfer’ of Palestinians to the far side of the wall. Further measures are likely to make Jerusalem a wholly Jewish city where Palestinians are no longer able to reside or even visit. That then opens the way to demolition of the Al-Aqsa Mosque and erection of the Temple. What remains of the Palestinian areas of the West Bank will increasingly come to resemble Gaza.

I am sure that the Israeli ‘left’ the author is talking about (and to) is not the mainstream Zionist ‘left’ but the genuine anti-Zionist or marginally Zionist left. These people cannot do much inside the country not only because they are so few but also because they are intimidated. If they speak out they too will be beaten and killed in the pogroms. Like Ilan Pappe, they will emigrate to countries where their inside testimony will enable them to play a vital role in weakening the hold of Zionism. .

Mooser
      June 22, 2016, 9:13 pm

“These people cannot do much inside the country…”

And, uh, why can’t they, why won’t they feel called upon, to do, say, half as much as the right-wingers could “do inside the country”, when Rabin brought the threat of peace to their doorstep?
      I don’t think you, me, anybody should impose limits on Israeli patriotism.
      And it is not unusual at all for people who have been in a country’s military to later join an insurgent or opposition group, where their military training stands them in good stead. I can’t in good conscience reject any means Israelis may decide upon. I don’t think I have the right to do anything, “in the country” of course, but it is not my country.

10. Eva Smagacz
    Eva Smagacz
    June 23, 2016, 1:19 pm

I absolutely agree that the question of genocide is not if but WHEN, and the form it will take: massacres versus population transfer.
    The fever pitch hate and self justification of Israel’s Jewish population is such, that it can happen at any moment, and with the stirrings of bad blood between Lebanon and Israel that is being reported, the current government may choose a point in time that suits their internal politics and they are convinced that nothing and nobody is willing or able to stop it.

Can you see one of the more bloodthirsty ministers in Israeli government saying something along the lines:

“Our strength consists in our speed and in our brutality. Genghis Khan led millions of women and children to slaughter – with premeditation and a happy heart. History sees in him solely the founder of a state. It’s a matter of indifference to me what a weak western European civilization will say about me. I have issued the command – and I’ll have anybody who utters but one word of criticism executed by a firing squad – that our war aim does not consist in reaching certain lines, but in the physical destruction of the enemy. Accordingly, I have placed my death-head formation in readiness – for the present only in the East – with orders to them to send to death mercilessly and without compassion, men, women, and children of Polish derivation and language. Only thus shall we gain the living space (Lebensraum) which we need. Who, after all, speaks to-day of the annihilation of the Armenians?”

He will speak of Amalekites, and of Arabs, and will call death-head formation “special, dedicated IDF forces”, but anyone who thinks it is not possible, let alone likely, has not been paying attention.

11. wondering jew
    wondering jew
    June 24, 2016, 8:13 pm

Mooser
      June 25, 2016, 12:13 am

“Is the timing of this post, coinciding with Abu mazen’s groundless accusation of rabbis advocating poisoning Palestinian water, mere coincidence?”

“Yonah, “Yonah”, “Yonah” don’t you know that icky-squishy sort of slidey feeling yet? Or recognize the stench?

“Yonah” this well-poisoning thing involves “Rabbi Shlomo Mlmad, the chairman of the Council of Rabbis in West Bank settlements”, He, no doubt, is a man well known for moderate statements, who avoids incitement, right? He’d never says or has said anything like this before, so why would he start now?

wondering jew
        June 25, 2016, 1:05 am

mussar- has one news organization found this fictitious rabbi? is there someone here more serious than mussar who backs up abu mazen’s claims?

Mooser
      June 25, 2016, 12:28 am

“Hey “Yonah” ever thought about the Israeli flag? Star in the middle, a couple of blue racing stripes, right? Lotta white space around the Star of David in the middle, right? So this is what we should do; we’ll add “Conquerors and Possessors of Jerusalem” between the top of the Star and a blue stripe, and “Destroyers of the Palestinians” at the bottom. Battle honors! To add to our flag, and take into the future so every time non-Jews see the Israeli flag, they’ll know what they have to thank us for!
      Can’t you just see it “Yonah”? Mothers will shake their children and say “Stand up straight and salute, you schlumpf! There goes the people who saved us from the Palestinians! And recovered Jerusalem for…well, somebody.”
      Won’t it be grand, “Yonah”? From a despised people and religion to the foremost benefactors of mankind.
      Oh, sorry I’m “Yonah” just daydreaming out loud, and wanted to share it with you.

K Renner
      June 26, 2016, 10:47 am

Yawn.

Get it through your thick head– the neurological disease known as Zionism causes the afflicted to hold a pathological, rabid hatred of the people who lived on the land before the “Zionist Dream” kicked off in full.

Advocate for poisoning their water, sure. Refer to them repeatedly as “less then human” or as “animals” or at the “least” as “filthy Arabs”, sure.

Advocate for their annihilation in the Gaza ghetto or their “transfer by force in necessary” in what remains of Palestine, sure.

Deny all you want. Perpetuate the whingy, snot-nosed perpetual victim trope of “the Israeli” all you want. It won’t change the facts one bit.